Abatements are issued by the assessor’s office.

If you believe there is an error on your bill or you were incorrectly billed you must file an abatement form with the assessor’s office.  If the assessor approves the request, they will notify you and the collector.  The collector will then post an adjustment on your account.  A new bill will not be issued to you.  It is your responsibility to insure that the bill is paid in full by the due date.

For your convenience abatement forms can be downloaded here.  They should be completed and given directly to the assessors in person at one of their meetings, or by mail to:

P.O. Box 126
Royalston, MA  01368

Real Estate and/or Personal Property Abatement FORM

Motor Vehicle Excise Abatement FORM