2017 ELECTION INFORMATION
UPCOMING ELECTIONS – IMPORTANT DATES
ANNUAL TOWN ELECTION: MONDAY, APRIL 3, 2017
- January 17 – Nomination papers available
Nomination papers can be obtained at the Town Clerk’s Office on Mondays during the business hours of 9-1 and 6-8,or at the Administrative Assistant’s office at Town Hall Tue-Thur. from 9 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- February 13 no later than 5 p.m. – deadline to return nomination papers with signatures
- March 1 – Last day to object/withdraw
- March 14 – Last day to register to vote
- April 3, 2017 – Election Day – Polling Hours/Locations:
Polls open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
Precinct 1 – Town Hall, 13 The Common
Precinct 2 – Whitney Hall, 5 School St.
ANNUAL TOWN MEETING
FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017
Warrant will be posted here once available
Friday, April 14 – Last day to register to vote
NEW! Not sure if you are registered to vote? Check your voter registration status through the following link: https://www.sec.state.ma.us/VoterRegistrationSearch/MyVoterRegStatus.aspx
Register to Vote!
It’s easy to register to vote – you can do this in a few ways:
- Online: You can now register to vote online through the Secretary of State’s website. Click the following link. https://www.sec.state.ma.us/ovr/ (Applicants with a Registry of Motor Vehicles ID from a license, permit or non-driving ID will be able to register online. Applicants without an RMV ID will be required to print the application and mail into their local election official – see address below)
- By Mail: Download a mail-in registration form here: Mail-in Voter Registration Form
and mail it to P.O. Box 127, Royalston, MA 01368
- In Person: Visit the Town Clerk’s Office at Whitney Hall, 5 School St. during normal business hours. (Mondays from 9 a.m. to 1p.m. and 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.)
- At the Registry of Motor Vehicles: Keep your motor voter receipt until you receive confirmation from your local election official. If you do not receive any confirmation, please contact the Town Clerk to verify your voting status. (978)249-0493
Once you have registered to vote, you will be eligible to vote in all future elections and town meetings. Please remember that you are required to return your Annual Census form in order to maintain your status as an “Active” voter in Royalston.