Created in 1980, Royalston’s historic district includes the Town Common and some area beyond (map available on the HDC web page). The commission promotes the preservation of the distinctive characteristics of buildings and places significant in the history or architecture of Royalston, the maintenance and improvement of settings for such buildings and places, and the encouragement of compatible design within the district. The commission has a maximum of seven members and three alternates. Email: HistoricDistCom@royalston-ma.gov
Peter Kraniak – Chair
Clarence Rabideau – Vice Chair
Pierre Humblet – Secretary
- The Royalston Historic District was created in 1980 to preserve the historic architecture of Royalston Common and the immediate surrounding area. It is administered by the Historic District Commission (HDC) whose members are appointed by the Board of Selectmen.
- Here is a copy of the Historic District bylaw
- You can find details about the HDC Members, Contacts and Meetings here.
- Current and older applications can be found in this repository
- The bylaw simplified! Check out the Frequently Asked Questions
- An application for change form in PDF format and in Microsoft Word format.
- References on the history of Royalston and of the Historic District